Importing posts into your Umso blog is simple through our CSV import feature. You can quickly populate your blog with multiple posts at once.
The CSV file you upload should have a header row, indicating what each field represents (e.g., title, post content, collection ID, etc.). After uploading the file, you'll be presented with a modal to map your CSV columns to our required and optional fields.
- Post Title
- Post Content
- Post Slug: If an invalid path is provided, a slug version of the title will be used instead.
- Created At: If the date can't be parsed, today's date will be used.
- Author Name: If not provided, your username will be set as the author.
- Cover Image: Uploaded images will be saved to your our system to not rely on third party URLs.
- Published At: If not provided, your post will be set as draft. If provided but date can't be parsed, today's date will be used.
- Cover Image Alt Text Optional. This field is used for SEO purposes
- Description Meta Optional. This field is used for SEO purposes
Preparing Your CSV File
Create a CSV file using any text editor or spreadsheet software (like Excel or Google Sheets).
The first row should include your headers like
Collection ID, etc.
Post Title, Name, Post Content, Collection ID, Post Slug, Created At, Author Name, Cover Image, Published At, Cover Image Alt Text, Description Meta
Importing the CSV File
Go to the Umso dashboard and navigate to the "Posts" section.
Click on the "Import Posts" button.
Choose the CSV file you've prepared and click "Open."
After uploading, a modal will appear, allowing you to map your CSV headers with Umso's required and optional fields.
Once everything is mapped, click "Import Posts" to proceed with the import.
After confirming, Umso will begin the import process. You will be notified once all the posts have been successfully imported. Now you can visit your "Posts" section to review and make any further edits to the imported posts.
Your cover images will be uploaded to Umso assets, that's is so your blog does not rely on third party URLs.
Common Issues & Troubleshooting
- Invalid Date Format: Make sure that the date is formatted correctly, else today's date will be used.
- Invalid Header: We need the header to be able to map it correctly.
- Invalid Slug: If an invalid slug is provided, Umso will create a slug based on the post title.
- Missing Author: If the author name is not provided, Umso will automatically use your user name as the default author. If your account does not have a name set, "Unknown" will be used instead.
Feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any issues or have further questions.